With the smartphones market being dominated by Android phones, it has become difficult to pick the best Android smartphones. The Android phones have very few competitors, but the competition among them is incredibly fierce.
All the giant players manufacturing Android smartphones are trying to outdo one another by coming up with phones that have got premium features, incredible powerhouse, a sleeker design and affordable phones. Due to this, it has become tricky for consumers to make a quick decision regarding the best Android phones on the market today. This article will highlight the top 5 best smartphones and their features and outstanding specifications.
Fastest Android phone 2016: Samsung Galaxy S6
Having manufactured Galaxy S4 and S5 that didn’t embrace the current trend of glass or metal builds, Samsung, a Korean giant company, almost lost some of its customers. But they’ve bolstered by coming up with Samsung Galaxy S6 that has a glass body on its front and a metal frame on the back side. The sleekness of the S6 has given it an upper hand over its competitors.
Some of its specification includes:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- A screen size of 5.1 inches
- 32GB RAM paired with an Exynos 7420 processor
- An internal memory of 32/64/128GB storage options that is non-expandable
- A battery capacity of 2550mAh
- A rear camera having 16 MP and front camera has 5MP
Fastest Android phone 2016: LG G4
LG G4 is mildly curvaceous phone with a superb design. It exceeded people’s expectation by parking premium features in this model, from an excellent camera to optional leather finish. Although the LG G4 display seems almost similar to that of its predecessor, it has squeezed in more natural colors and more brightness out of it.
It boasts of the following specification;
- 5.5 inch QHD display screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor coupled with a 1.8 GHz
- 3GB RAM
- It has a battery capacity of 3,000mAh
- A rear camera having 16 MP and a front camera having 8MP
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 32 GB storage, expandable via micro SD of up to 128GB
Fastest Android smartphone 2016: HTC One M9
It is an upgrade of HTC One M8 and was manufactured with a motive of solving all the shortcomings of its predecessors. The build and design is almost similar to that if M8. Their aim was to preserve the good features of HTC One M8 and improve on its weakness, and they managed to do that successfully making it a force to reckon on the android market 2016.
HTC One M9 has the following specifications:
- Android version of 5.0.2 Lollipop
- A screen display of 5.0 inches with 1920 x 1080 pixels, 441 ppi
- Has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor having four 1.5 GHz cores and four 2Gz cores
- Boast a 3GB RAM
- Has an internal memory of 32 GB expandable via micro SD up to 128GB
- A 20.7 MP rear camera with autofocus and 4 MP front camera
Fastest Android smartphone 2016: Google Nexus 6
Google Nexus 6 is a bit extreme when it comes to size. Indeed, it’s a pure phablet, and that’s one of its strengths. It was the first phone to come with Android 5.0 Lollipop, and this made it a higher flyer among other Android devices. Being a Google phone, it’s the first on the list of phones to get Android updates which is a big plus. Also the fact that is waterproof and one can pump close to 6 hours of battery life into it in just 15 minutes of charging because of turbo-charger makes it more appealing.
Google Nexus 6 Specifications:
- It stocks Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Has a screen display of 5.96 inches with 2560 x 1440 pixels, 493 ppi
- Has a Snapdragon 805, quad-core processor with a speed of 2.7 GHz
- 3GB RAM
- Boast a rear camera of 13 MP and a front camera of 2MP
- Its battery capacity is 3,220 mAh and has a turbo charge feature
Fastest Android smartphone 2016: Sony Xperia Z5
Sony Xperia series has retained almost a similar designs and Z5 is not an exceptional. It’s all glass covered, held together by a band of metal on its sides and has plastic corners meant to act as shock absorbers. The 5.2 inch LCD is colorful, vibrant and has good viewing angles, and many will be more than satisfied with it. It’s slightly thicker than its main competitors from Apple and Samsung, but it’s well designed to slip into a pocket or to hold.
Some of its outstanding features include:
- A 5.2-inch screen display with 1080p, 424 ppi
- Has a 3GB RAM
- Internal storage of 32 GB expandable via Micro SD 200GB
- Has an Android version of 5.1.1 Lollipop
- The rear camera has 23 MP while the front camera has a 5MP
The bottom line
Although “greatness” or “best” is relative, the above review of the fastest Android smartphones of 2016 has highlighted the best Android phones that one can’t go wrong with. The guide has taken into consideration design, RAM and processor speed when compiling the list, meaning that these are the best and fastest phones on the market today.