2016 is already showing signs of good prospects and innovations when it comes to smartphones. With still months to go, we already see the official announcement on what looks to be best smartphones come 2016. All the top players have been working day and night to give consumers the best smartphones with excellent browsing and gaming speeds. The likes of Samsung, LG, Apple, HTC, Microsoft, and Xiaomi are competing, all with the aim to take their 2016 smartphones to another level.
This piece of writing will examine the top six fastest smartphones to be released in 2016.
Apple is not to be outdone anytime soon as it’ll be releasing its latest smartphone, iPhone 7 in 2016. Having recently launched iPhone6 and iPhone 6 Plus, it is rumored that iPhone 7 will be double good in almost every features of the iPhone 6 Plus.
Some of the expected specifications of iPhone 7 are:
- It’s rumored to house a processor of four cores (quad core).
- It’ll have a 20 megapixels rear camera and 2 megapixels front camera.
Although it may have a lower pixel compared to its main competitors, iPhone 7 will still have a superior projector feature allowing one to watch presentations and movies on a flat surface.
Samsung Galaxy S7
Galaxy series has been the most popular and trusted Android smartphone series and Samsung is set to release its seventh version in 2016 dubbed Samsung Galaxy S7. It’s poised to be another huge release based on the previous Galaxy series that have taken the smartphone market by storm. Some of the features expected are a faster processor, bigger screen, more memory options, full metal body, and increased camera megapixel (both the rear and front camera). Although its release date and the specifications haven’t been released, we’ve found some of its specifications.
- It’ll have Android 6.0
- 5 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Octa-Core processor of 2.9 GHz.
- 5g network
- A 5.5-inch screen having an ultra-high display of 4K
- A 30 MP rear camera and 10 MP front camera.
- A battery capacity of 4000mAh
It has also been rumored to have a metallic body, fingerprint scanner, and waterproof design.
LG has been coming up with marvelous and innovative devices in the past couple of years in an attempt to break the Samsung-Apple duopoly. In 2016, LG is tipped to release LG G5. The G5 version has already been regarded to be among the best Android smartphone of 2016. Its release date is likely to be at the end of March or the beginning of the year.
Likely specifications of the G5 model include:
- Octa-core processor
- 5G wireless technology
- 4K sapphire screen of 5.6 inches
- A camera combo of 23/5 megapixels – 23 megapixels being for the rear camera and 5 MP front camera
- A battery capacity of 4100mAh
It is also likely to have better video recording, increased speed, faster downloads, and crystal clear display.
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi, a Chinese giant company, has been making waves with innovative products that are inexpensive. The Mi 6 will indeed cause waves based on the level of expectations people have regarding Xiaomi Mi 6. The Mi 6 will compete with other recognized brands in The United States and across Europe.
The likely specifications of the Xiaomi Mi 6 include;
- 4K Ultra HD screen
- 23 Megapixels rear camera and 7-10 MP front camera with an auto focus feature and optical image stabilization
- 4GB RAM
- May come with 5g wireless network
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with 2.5 GHZ Octa-Core Processor
- A battery capacity of 2450mAh
Microsoft Lumia 940
Microsoft has not been left behind and is expected to launch Microsoft Lumia 940 in 2016. Some of the leaked specifications of the model include;
- Octa-core snapdragon 808
- 3GB RAM
- Windows 10
- 20 megapixels back camera and a 5 megapixels front camera
- 5.7-inch screen
- 1440 x 2560 pixel screen
Fastest smartphone of 2016: HTC One M10
HTC, a Taiwan-based smartphone company, will introduce a new model, HTC One M10, in 2016. It is expected to be faster, better, sleeker and sexier than HTC One M9. HTC has been known to release smartphones with amazing quality, design, and premium specification that gives consumers what they need.
The likely specification of HTC One M10 includes:
- 3.1 GHz Octa-core processor thus making it the fastest smartphone of 2016
- 27 MP for rear camera and 10 MP for front camera
- 4GB RAM
- 4K sapphire screen display of 5.2 inches
- A battery capacity of 3400mAh
- Metallic and waterproof designed body
2016 seems a promising year for the Android smartphones market, as all the top players are manufacturing devices with premium specs to expand their customer base. The rumors and leaked specifications are giving everyone much to look forward to in 2016.